Making use of groundwater to save your business money can seem like a daunting process. Here is a simple guide outlining the process from feasibility to installation – and how we can help you.
1) Firstly, determine how much water you will need to abstract. This needs to be an estimate of daily and hourly demand – as well as the peak (instantaneous) rate required for your process or business. The amount of water required will affect viability, borehole design and other areas such as licensing. (If you abstract more than 20m3/day you will need an Abstraction License from the Environment Agency). If you are unsure how much water you will need, we are more than happy to help with assessment.
2) Initial geological assessment; unlike many companies, as part of our initial contact we will provide a short geological assessment to determine viability of water supply – before you have to spend any money! If we think your site is a candidate for further assessment, we will say so. If it is not worth the outlay – we will tell you that as well.
3) The next step is a hydrogeological survey to determine the amount water that is likely to be available from a borehole at your location, the quality of water, potential treatments required for the purpose you require, budget costs and design of the borehole. Not all sites within the UK are able to support a private water supply – but we will maximise your chances to obtain one.
4) Once our hydrogeological assessment has been completed we will help to make the decision to proceed with construction. We will then assist in agreeing a contract with a suitably qualified and competent driller. We have longstanding relations with trustworthy drilling companies with the right expertise and plant for a particular project. We can also provide specifications and tender documents to obtain competitive quotes.
5) Once the borehole has been drilled we provide the work necessary to test your borehole to confirm sustainable flow rate and water quality. Furthermore, if you are to abstract more than 20m3/day we help with the application process to obtain an abstraction license. Carbon Zero Consulting will help you to meet all regulatory requirements for a private water supply.
A well-designed and installed private water supply borehole will meet your needs for many years to come. We provide monitoring and maintenance services for some boreholes that have operated for nearly 100 years! You will not only significantly reduce costs but also have greater security of supply compared to mains water.
If you have any questions, please call us on: 01572 729510 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carbon Zero Consulting Ltd, www.carbonzeroco.com